Daryl F. Sohn
- Of Counsel
Daryl Sohn has practiced for more than 35 years as a trial lawyer, principally in maritime and toxic tort cases, and regularly counsels businesses and individuals regarding a broad array of maritime and agribusiness transactions and regulatory requirements.
Areas of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- Commercial Transactions
- Missouri, 1974
- Illinois, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Missouri, Rolla, Missouri
- B.S. - 1969
- In re the Matter of the Complaints of the American Milling Company, 409 F.3d 1005, 2005, 8th Cir.
- Greenwell v. Aztar Indiana Gaming Corp, 268 F.3d 486., 2001, 7th Cir.
- ConAgra, Inc. v. Inland River Towing, 252 F.3d 979., 2001, 8th Cir.
- Johnson v. ADM Growmark, 693 N.E. 2d 477., 1998, Ill.App.5, Dist.
- Smith v. Apex Towing Co, 949 F.Supp. 667., 1997, N.D.Ill.
- Lecturer, "Pollution Clean Up Obligations, Liabilities, Fines and Insurance Coverage", Greater New Orleans Barge and Fleeting Seminar, 1983 to 1983
- Lecturer, "Recent Court Decisions: An Update", Greater New Orleans Barge and Fleeting Seminar, 1990 to 1990
- Lecturer, "Damages Recoverable in a Maritime Personal Injury/Death Case and How to Value the Recovery", Greater New Orleans Barge and Fleeting Seminar, 2005 to 2005
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Named by Law & Politics as a Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis , Member
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor
- Defense Research Institute, Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army, 1969 to 1971
- Hon. Roy W. Harper, Senior Judge, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, Law Clerk, 1974 to 1975