Educating the Bar and Industries We Serve
Lawyers at Goldstein and Price, L.C. frequently are asked to help educate law students, other attorneys, executives, risk managers, claims personnel, underwriters and operations personnel in the industries we serve. For example:
- Neal Settergren has taught Admiralty Law at St. Louis University Law School since January 2007. Before Neal, Gary Sacks taught the course.
- Alan Goldstein, Doug Gossow, John Halpern and Neal Settergren surveyed a series of topics of current interest to insurance coverage lawyers and insurance industry professionals in “Insurance Coverage in the 21st Century,” a Lorman Education Services seminar in February 2008.
- Alan Goldstein co-authored “To Sail or Not to Sail? Some Key Considerations Affecting Financiers, Owners and Operators of Water-Based Development Projects” in
The St. Louis Bar Journal, Vol. 55, No. 2, Fall 2008.
- Daryl Sohn addressed attorneys and the marine industry on the topic of maintenance and cure at a seminar sponsored by the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis in September 2008.
- Gary Sacks and Neal Settergren co-authored “An Update on the Troubled Waters of Towage Law”, 79
Tulane Law Review 1385, June, 2005.
- Various maritime, agribusiness and insurance clients have asked us to conduct in-house training sessions for their personnel.